On January 17, 2022 Human Resources launched online training for staff and faculty on three university workplace topics: information security, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and discrimination & sexual harassment prevention. Training in all three areas helps strengthen Augsburg as a workplace, helps protect the rights of students, faculty and staff, and responds to requirements from the Department of Education (under Title IV) and our insurance providers.
Employees with active positions will receive an email invitation from EVERFI, our online training provider, with links to the three topic modules. The training can also be accessed by logging into Inside Augsburg and clicking on Administrative Tasks > Training. Employees will have 60 days to complete the three required training topics.
Staff should coordinate with their supervisor to identify times to complete the training during regular work hours. Hourly staff may not schedule overtime to accommodate required training.
Adjunct faculty will be compensated for their time on the April 22, 2022 payroll, per the agreement with SEIU, Local 284.
Employees are required to complete information security training every year and other courses on even-numbered years, and new employees are assigned the courses within 90 days of their start date.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The login button isn’t working for me.
- I completed the training but just received another invite. Was my completion recorded?
- Some of the courses (Preventing Harassment, Data Security) have post-course assessment invitations that are sent out 30 days after you complete the course. You can verify your course completion at any time by Logging In to Trainings
- Do adjunct faculty need to fill out a request for training stipends?
- No. Course completion data will be reviewed prior to the end of the term and used to determine adjunct faculty compensation per the SEIU CBA.
- I’m an adjunct/seasonal coach and haven’t received a training invitation yet. When will I be invited?
- Currently, training is only assigned to employees with an active position. Adjunct faculty and seasonal employees will receive training invitations within a week of the start of their appointments and have 60 days to complete the trainings.
- I’m a new employee – when will I be assigned the trainings?
- New employees with Augsburg email addresses are added to the EVERFI training system the Monday of payroll weeks.
- I’m a student employee. Do I need to complete trainings?
- Yes! Student employees are currently required to complete the FERPA training to ensure they know how to protect the privacy of student data they may encounter. Please coordinate with your supervisor to identify times to complete the training during regular work hours.
- I’m an hourly employee. Can I schedule overtime to complete trainings?
- No. Staff should coordinate with their supervisor to identify times to complete the training during regular work hours. Hourly staff may not schedule overtime to accommodate required training.
- Are Community Partners required to complete the trainings?
Other Training Opportunities
The Augsburg University Diversity and Inclusion Certificate Program is designed to help faculty and staff continue to grow in their intercultural competence and to build the awareness, knowledge, and skills necessary to create more inclusive campus spaces inside and outside the classroom.
Diversity and Inclusion Certificate Program workshops are offered before the start of school and throughout the academic year. To find and register for workshops, visit the Equity and Inclusion Initiatives Department Events Calendar at https://sites.augsburg.edu/diversity/events-calendar/.
The purpose of the Center for Teaching and Learning is to provide support and development opportunities to enable Augsburg faculty, staff, and leadership to co-create “an educational experience like no other.”
Programming is offered in Teaching and Learning, Scholarship, Inclusiveness, Leadership Development, and Community Building