Welcome to Augsburg University!
Augsburg University educates students to be informed citizens, thoughtful stewards, critical thinkers, and responsible leaders. The Augsburg experience is supported by an engaged community that is committed to intentional diversity in its life and work. An Augsburg education is defined by excellence in the liberal arts and professional studies, guided by the faith and values of the Lutheran church, and shaped by its urban and global settings. We are excited to have you join in this mission.
Please take some time to review some of these key resources as you begin your employment with Augsburg.
As you get settled at Augsburg we encourage you to familiarize yourself with campus resources and ensure we have your updated contact information.
- Forms: Update address, personal information if changed since onboarding
- Department of Public Safety 612-330-1717
- Provide 24-hour service. Dispatch center located in the Urness/Mortensen Hall Lobby
- Walking escorts from on campus locations to other on-campus locations, as well as some select off campus locations.
- Inside Augsburg: Emergency Notifications
- Inside Augsburg: Parking
Register vehicle (even if not purchasing a parking permit)
- Transportation Options
- Employee ID Card
Benefits and Resources
If you are benefits eligible you must enroll in benefits within 30 days of hire. If you are declining benefits please submit the form to indicate you are waiving benefits.
- Enroll within 30 days of hire
- Effective on the first of the month after your hire date (even if you submit the form after)
- Benefits Information
- Medica (medical benefits) pre-enrollment website
- Forms: Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits Enrollment Form
- Forms: 403b Retirement Contribution
- Coming from another education institution? You may be eligible to move immediately to Level1. Complete verification
- Forms: Voluntary Life Insurance/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment Enrollment
- If you enroll at any coverage amount during initial eligibility, you can purchase up to the Guarantee Issue Amount during future annual enrollments.
All employees are paid bi-weekly. The bi-weekly pay periods are two-week periods, beginning Sunday and ending Saturday two weeks later. In a typical year there are 26 pay periods. Employees are paid on the Friday following the end of the pay period.
Engaging with Augsburg
- Required Training – Complete within 60 days of hire
- Equity and Inclusion Certificate & Initiatives – Complete certificate within 2 years