- 2023 Benefits Guide (PDF)
- 2023 Benefits Overview
- 2023 Open Enrollment Presentation (PDF)
- 2023 Open Enrollment and Benefits Information
- Augsburg Benefits Portal
|Health Savings Accounts
Flexible Spending Accounts
888.318.7472 – Option 1
Please use the following information to create your online account:
Registration ID – HRS160102
Group Number: 50627
|Delta Dental of MN
Group Number: 1008622
|Life & AD&D||Unum
|Employee Assistance Program
|Unum / Health Advocate
Employee Assistance Programs
Augsburg University offers Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) through Unum and Medica at no cost and completely confidential.
UNUM Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Available to All Employees
- Provided by HealthAdvocate
- Confidential, short-term counseling from licensed professional counselors for personal issues and achieving a healthy work/life balance
- Up to 3 face-to-face counseling sessions. In a crisis, emergency help is available 24/7
- The resources may also be accessed online at www.unum.com/lifebalance
- Unum EAP benefit includes access to the simple tools needed to create a basic will (Estate planning, Power of attorney, Final arrangements memorandum, etc.)
Medica Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Available to Medica plan members
- Specialists available 24/7/365 to talk about personal, financial or legal worries
- Five counseling sessions per issue/per year covered at 100%
- A robust collection of interactive resources, webinars, screeners, and information on LiveAndWorkWell.com
- 30 minute legal consultation at no cost (in person or over the phone)
Additional Benefits and Information
ACTC Tuition Benefit
Augsburg University, Hamline University, Macalester College, St. Catherine University, and the University of St. Thomas are institutions within the Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities (ACTC). Under a Memorandum of Understanding, participating institutions offer tuition remission for the dependent children and spouses of eligible employees. Each institution determines the percentage of remission they provide to students accepted through the ACTC program. The lower benefit percentage is effective when the sending and receiving institution remission benefits differ. See the ACTC Tuition Remission Benefit Percent chart below to determine the percentage of remission provided by each institution.
|From Home Campus|
To Host Campus
|Institution||Augsburg||Hamline||Macalester||St. Catherine||St. Thomas|
The home campus is defined as the institution where the individual seeking the benefit is employed; the host campus is the institution the prospective student is interested in attending.
- EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK (pages 98 -105)
- FAQ – Tuition Benefit
Metropass – discounted staff/faculty transit pass
Employees working at least 20-hour week (40-hour pay period) or SEIU faculty members are eligible for a Metropass discount. The current cost is $83 per month. Augsburg University will subsidize cost of $43, resulting in final cost to faculty and staff of $40.00 per month or $20.00 per pay period. Metro Mobility users are eligible for an equivalent contribution. (MetroPass Enrollment / Cancellation)
Travel Assistance (through Unum)
Active, benefit-eligible faculty and staff enrolled in the University’s life insurance plan are members of Assist America and are entitled to the following services when traveling 100+ miles from home:
- Medical consultation, evaluation, and referral.
- Hospital admission guarantee.
- Lost prescription assistance.
- Emergency medical evacuation.
- Worldwide Travel Assistance
Medical Bill Saver (through HealthAdvocate)
Augsburg faculty and staff have access to experienced negotiators who can assist with confusing and difficult medical bills. Using fee benchmarking databases to help reduce non-covered medical and dental bills that exceed $400 (regardless of insurance or benefit status), this team will contact doctors, dentists, hospitals and other providers on employees’ behalf to negotiate discounts on the balance due and/or create payment plans. Call 1.800.854.1446 to learn more.