IMPORTANT 2022-2023 TRAVEL GRANT INFORMATION
Note: This policy does NOT apply to adjunct faculty professional development funds Because of the temporary reduction in full-time faculty professional development funds allocated to Augsburg’s Faculty Development Program (aka CTL), the Program has created a grant review procedure and policy to ensure equitable funding for 2022-2023. Application Deadlines: To ensure equitable distribution of grant funding, the FDC will be reviewing grants in bulk four times during the year. The deadline for your grant application depends primarily on WHEN you will be traveling/having expenses. Please note that you may submit a grant application at any time before your preferred deadline; however grants will not be reviewed until the deadline closes. Round 1 Deadline: June 15, 2022 (for Travel/Expenses June – Aug 2022) Round 2 Deadline: July 1, 2022 (for Travel/Expenses Sep – Nov 2022) Round 3 Deadline: October 1, 2022 (for Travel/Expenses Dec 2022 – Feb 2023) Round 4 Deadline: January 1, 2023 (for Travel/Expenses Mar – May 2023) Applying “early”: If you have extenuating circumstances that require you to apply to an “earlier” deadline than your travel/expenses require, you can do that and provide a justification in your grant application. The decision on acceptance of an “early” application will be at the FDC’s discretion. Applying “late”: If you submit a grant application after the appropriate deadline, your application will only be considered if there is funding still available for that funding period. Notification of Award Decision: All applicants will be notified whether or not their application has been funded (fully or partially) within 1 week of the deadline for their round. Pending available funds pre-determined for each Round of applications, all applications that meet the basic requirements (e.g. faculty status, etc) will be funded. If we receive more applications than can be funded in a Round, the Faculty Development Committee will evaluate each application using the criteria listed below to make funding decisions. Priorities for Grant Funding: If our budget is not sufficient to fund all grant applications in a Round, the FDC will use a protocol to prioritize funding based on the following characteristics of the grant (please note that NONE of these disqualify a grant from being funded and they will not be weighted equally; they are only used to prioritize in the case inadequate funding): Prioritize: pre-tenure faculty vs. tenured/non-tenure track faculty presentation/original work vs. participation or attendance only taking/participating w/students vs. no student involvement first funded application 22-23 vs. not first funded application 22-23 Please contact CTL (firstname.lastname@example.org) f you have any questions about this temporary policy or would like more information.
Professional Travel Grants/Professional Development Funds for Faculty
- Professional development funds are capped at $1,500 (prorated by FTE) for the year from June 20, 2021 to May 21, 2022.
- Information regarding Adjunct Professional Development Grants can be found at https://sites.augsburg.edu/ctl/grants/professional-development-for-adjunct-union-members/. Adjuncts should use the same Professional Travel Grant form linked below for conferences. The Workshop Attendance Form should still be submitted for CTL Workshops and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion workshops that are stipend-eligible.
Use this form to submit your application for Conference funds: Professional Travel Grant (Professional Development Funds) Application
New for Fall 2021: GEER Grant Funding for Video Captioning
Scholarship, ICD, and Provost’s Internationalization Grant Information Don’t forget – grant recipients must submit Grant Reporting.
Work Culture Grant
- These grants are intended to foster learning communities, working groups, and other collaborative efforts among faculty and staff. Amounts vary by project but include up to $250 for activities such as teaching, reading, or writing groups.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Grants are first come, first served.
- Up to $150 can be reimbursed for Professional Memberships. Use the linked form to submit your request. CTL cannot cover any fees for licensures/testing/certification/
continuing education credits. The funds for memberships are a part of the $1,500 cap.