Current Department Status (as of September 30, 2023)
Given multiple vacancies in University Events staff positions, we are pausing on booking events that require event planning assistance. The University Events office can still book campus meeting rooms, coordinate basic room set up, and book audio/visual support.
Events with requirements beyond the above scope will need to be discussed in advance with Rebecca John, Vice President of Operations, to determine whether/how the event planning and management might be undertaken by the department requesting the event. Please see the information below for next steps.
University Events services currently available:*
- Campus Meeting & Event Room Reservations
- Basic Room Set & Equipment Support
- AV Technician Contracted Services
To request services, please complete this form. Requests MUST be made a minimum of two weeks in advance.
If you have a room reservation only you may complete the form above, or contact the events office front desk at 612-330-1104 during office hours.
Who can submit a request form:
- Current Augsburg staff & faculty only (students, see below)
This form is NOT for:
- External customers, general public
- Student Organizations (students orgs should use the Auggie Life event form)
- Requests will be received and reviewed by University Events within 3 business days.
- If you have a room reservation request only, you will receive an email confirmation from Astra (the reservations system) once the reservation has been made. Please keep that for your records.
- If your request requires more than a room reservation, someone working with University Events will follow up with you.
Due to limited staffing as of September 30, 2023 the University Events department is no longer able to provide the following services:
- On-campus Catering
- Event Planning Assistance
- Event Rental Management
For further assistance with a new or existing request you may contact email@example.com or 612-330-1104.
If you are seeking permission/exception to have a large event that requires services beyond what’s currently available, please contact Rebecca John, vice president of operations, to discuss.
The University Events Office does not book the following spaces:
- Weenas Lounge- Contact Residence Life
- Library Study Rooms- Scheduled through sign up sheets at doors
- Athletic Facilities- For more information visit Athletic Facilities
- Auggie’s Nest in Christensen Center- Open to the public on a first come, first serve basis
*University Events reserves the right to deny a request if it does not follow the Event Policies set by the College. University Events also reserves the right to change room reservations at our discretion. We will notify the change via email confirmation.