■ MIGIZI’s Grand Opening: MIGIZI is a local non-profit that provides a circle of support that nurtures the development of Native American youth in order to unleash their creativity and dreams – to benefit themselves, their families and community. MIGIZI was greatly impacted by the riots following George Floyd’s murder–they lost their building in a fire. Since then, MIGIZI has worked to re-establish itself and is ready to launch its new home.
Join MIGIZI’s Grand Opening on Thursday, October 5th, from 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm, hosted at their brand new location at 1845 E Lake Street, Minneapolis (just a couple of blocks from South High School).
The evening will begin with an opening prayer and special message by Wakinyan LaPointe and MIGIZI’s Board Chair, Kendrick Buffalo, followed by our drum and jingle dress dancers. Guests will also enjoy a delightful dinner of buffalo wild rice bowls and an opportunity to explore our new space alongside our dedicated youth and staff. Register today at: <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/migizi-grand-opening-tickets-597059018597?aff=oddtdtcreator>.
■ AVID in Roseville Area Schools: Roseville Area Schools (RAS) is hiring AVID tutors for the upcoming school year. Wage is $17/hr, Sept. 2023 through June 2024. For more information, contact Anne Barnes <email@example.com> or Tana Bogenholm <tana.bogenholmeisd623.org> or go to the RAS AVID website: <https://www.isd623.org/learning/avid>.
■ Anthology Portfolio: The Education Department will continue using Anthology Portfolio to create an online, accessible record of students’ clinical experience, evaluation, and assessments.
Students will use Anthology Portfolio for:
- Completing surveys like the request for field experience and the student teaching application
- Logging field experience hours
- Accessing feedback from field experience and student teaching
- Submitting key assessments and reviewing feedback on key assessments.
For more information on Anthology Portfolio and to access the single sign-on account link, please visit the Education Department Anthology webpage: <https://sites.augsburg.edu/edstudents/anthology/>.
If you have any questions about Anthology Portfolio, please contact the Education Department Unit Leader, Erin Moore, <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Field Experience Fall 2023: Teacher candidates must complete a minimum of 100 field experience hours prior to student teaching with at least 60 of those hours within the scope and content of the licensure. Students can request a field experience placement by completing the request in Anthology Portfolio. A message was sent from Anthology Portfolio with the Field Experience Request Form. Candidates need to complete the request in order to have their placement confirmed. Candidates in need of field experience who did not receive a message from Anthology Portfolio can contact the Unit Leader, Erin Moore <email@example.com.
Candidates who need to complete hours this semester can request a placement by completing the Field Experience Request form emailed to them from Anthology Portfolio. Field experience hours completed this semester are also being recorded in Anthology Portfolio.
For questions about Field Experience and Student Teaching Placement, contact the Education Placement Coordinator, Sara Peterson <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- For questions about Student Teaching, contact the Clinical Experience and Partnership Coordinator, Tiffany Moore, <email@example.com>.
- For questions about Anthology Portfolio, contact the Education Department Unit Leader, Erin Moore, <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Clinical Experience Team Office Hours
The Clinical Experience Team is offering regular virtual office hours. Members of the Clinical Experience Team will be available to answer questions about program requirements, field experience, student teaching, licensure, Anthology Portfolio, and other Education Department questions. Visit the Education Department Calendar <https://sites.augsburg.edu/edstudents/education-department-calendar/> for more information on times and links to the office hours sessions.
Submitting news to Augsburg:
- To the Education Department Newsletter: Send your news to Joseph Erickson at C.B. 312 or erickson-AT-augsburg.edu.
- To the Augsburg Now published by the Augsburg University Office of Public Relations and Communication: Send your news to C.B. 145 or email@example.com.
- To the daily A-Mail electronic newsletter: Go to AugNet Home Page and login. Then click on the “Submit News and Announcements” link.
Connecting with Alumni and Friends:
Augsburg University provides several ways to stay connected with alumni and friends. Here are some links to get you started:
- Alumni Information Update: Submit news and contact information changes to the university’s Alumni Office.
- TC2 New Teachers’ Blog
Other Sources of News for K-12 Teachers:
Here are links to some of the very best online news sources for K-12 teachers:
- Education Week
- Teacher Magazine
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (also, subscribe to ASCD SmartBrief, a daily email news resource delivered right to your inbox).