■ Edina High School Long-Call Sub Position: Edina High School is looking for a teacher to cover an English teacher’s maternity leave. The job is posted on the Edina Public Schools website: https://www.applitrack.com/edina/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Teacher%3a+High+School
■ Teachers On Call: Teachers On Call is hiring substitutes – they also have full time opportunities as well as long term positions including Substitute Teachers, Substitute Paraprofessionals/Education Assistants for all of our Minnesota School Districts, Charter Schools & staff for Independent Early Childhood Education Centers as well as Early Childhood within School District. For more information, contact Maranda Brown at: phone: 800.713.4439 or 952.346.1656 or email: <email@example.com>.
■ Anthology Portfolio: The Education Department will continue using Anthology Portfolio to create an online, accessible record of students’ clinical experience, evaluation, and assessments.
Students will use Anthology Portfolio for:
- Completing surveys like the request for field experience and the student teaching application
- Logging field experience hours
- Accessing feedback from field experience and student teaching
- Submitting key assessments and reviewing feedback on key assessments.
For more information on Anthology Portfolio and to access the single sign-on account link, please visit the Education Department Anthology webpage: <https://sites.augsburg.edu/edstudents/anthology/>.
If you have any questions about Anthology Portfolio, please contact the Education Department Unit Leader, Erin Moore, <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Field Experience Fall 2023: Teacher candidates must complete a minimum of 100 field experience hours prior to student teaching with at least 60 of those hours within the scope and content of the licensure. Students can request a field experience placement by completing the request in Anthology Portfolio. A message was sent from Anthology Portfolio with the Field Experience Request Form. Candidates need to complete the request in order to have their placement confirmed. Candidates in need of field experience who did not receive a message from Anthology Portfolio can contact the Unit Leader, Erin Moore <email@example.com.
Spring 2023 Student Teaching Candidates: Candidates planning to student teach in the spring, must complete the Student Teaching Application. A message was sent from Anthology Portfolio with the link to the application. In addition, candidates are responsible for submitting field hours from previous semesters to the Education Placement Coordinator, Sara Peterson at <firstname.lastname@example.org>. All candidates must have completed 100 hours of field experience (60 hours must be completed in the scope and content of the licensure area sought). Field Experience hours are a licensure requirement, and they must be completed prior to student teaching. Neglecting to submit field hours may delay your student teaching placement.
Candidates who need to complete hours this semester can request a placement by completing the Field Experience Request form emailed to them from Anthology Portfolio. Field experience hours completed this semester are also being recorded in Anthology Portfolio.
For questions about Field Experience and Student Teaching Placement, contact the Education Placement Coordinator, Sara Peterson <email@example.com>.
- For questions about Student Teaching, contact the Clinical Experience and Partnership Coordinator, Tiffany Moore, <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- For questions about Anthology Portfolio, contact the Education Department Unit Leader, Erin Moore, <email@example.com>.
Clinical Experience Team Office Hours
The Clinical Experience Team is offering regular virtual office hours. Members of the Clinical Experience Team will be available to answer questions about program requirements, field experience, student teaching, licensure, Anthology Portfolio, and other Education Department questions. Visit the Education Department Calendar <https://sites.augsburg.edu/edstudents/education-department-calendar/> for more information on times and links to the office hours sessions.
Submitting news to Augsburg:
- To the Education Department Newsletter: Send your news to Joseph Erickson at C.B. 312 or erickson-AT-augsburg.edu.
- To the Augsburg Now published by the Augsburg University Office of Public Relations and Communication: Send your news to C.B. 145 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To the daily A-Mail electronic newsletter: Go to AugNet Home Page and login. Then click on the “Submit News and Announcements” link.
Connecting with Alumni and Friends:
Augsburg University provides several ways to stay connected with alumni and friends. Here are some links to get you started:
- Alumni Information Update: Submit news and contact information changes to the university’s Alumni Office.
- TC2 New Teachers’ Blog
Other Sources of News for K-12 Teachers:
Here are links to some of the very best online news sources for K-12 teachers:
- Education Week
- Teacher Magazine
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (also, subscribe to ASCD SmartBrief, a daily email news resource delivered right to your inbox).