Advising and Transfer Courses

Finding Your Advisers

Adviser assignments are noted in a student’s AugNet account, under Records & Registration, click on the Student Info/Contacts link. Faculty and Academic Advisers are listed, hyperlinked to contact information.

Undergraduate Degree-Seeking Advising

Professional academic advisers work directly with all new Day and Adult Undergraduate (AU) students with course selection and registration, and provides orientation to academic policies, procedures, and resources. Academic advisers work with all new first-year students for the first year at Augsburg. At the end of the first year, students declare their major and are assigned to a faculty adviser in their major department, developing the faculty student mentoring relationship.

While all undergraduate degree-seeking students are required to meet with their faculty adviser(s) each term prior to registration, students are encouraged to meet with their adviser(s) as often as necessary to support their academic progress.

AU Non-Degree Seeking Teacher Licensure Candidates Advising

Some individuals choose to complete licensure requirements without being in a degree-seeking program. These students are referred to as AU non-degree seeking students. These licensure candidates are assigned a faculty adviser in the Education Department. Students are encouraged to meet with their adviser as often as necessary to support their progress towards licensure.

Undergrad and AU Non-Degree Resources

Review major checklists maintained by the Registrar’s Office. These major checklists are a good source for AU non-degree seeking licensure candidates too.

Review transfer credit information maintained by the Registrar’s Office.

Graduate Teacher Candidates Advising

For Minneapolis students, your academic advisor (program coordinator) is your primary point of contact as you navigate your program. Rochester students should be in regular contact with the Teacher Education Program Director in Rochester. All students can reach out to the Graduate Program Director at any time with questions, concerns, feedback.

Graduate students pursuing licensure are assigned to a faculty adviser based on respective licensure concentration. For this reason it is imperative that graduate students directly notify the Graduate Program if they wish to change licensure concentrations. Graduate students pursuing a master’s degree without licensure are assigned to the Graduate Program Director (Minneapolis) or to the Teacher Education Program Director (Rochester).