Minnesota Administrative Rule 8705.1000 Subp. 4 Item A requires a teacher preparation program to have a process to identify and admit candidates who demonstrate potential for professional success in teaching. Augsburg’s process includes:
- Completing an online application through Google Forms
- Completion of at least 12 college/university credits
- Information about your experience working with children
- Obtaining the recommendation of an Augsburg faculty member
- meeting with a faculty advisor in the Education Department.
Acceptance to the program is contingent on meeting the criteria outlined in the document below. Begin the admission process by requesting an appointment to meet with your education advisor. If you have not been assigned an education advisor you can request one online through the Adviser Assignment Request. During the meeting, education advisors go over licensure program requirements and courses.
Students seeking licensure in 5-12, 9-12, K-12 secondary education (this includes Music Education, Physical Education, and Visual Arts) also need to meet with an advisor in the content area department to discuss content-specific requirements for licensure.
In order to apply, please take time to ensure you have completed all of the items on the Application Checklist for Admission to the Augsburg Teacher Licensure Programs.
Then fill out this Official Application in Google Forms.