- Curricular Revision/ Course Proposal form – To propose a new course or substantially change to an existing course. Use this form to add a new course to the curriculum, revise course learning outcomes/ Institutional Learning outcomes (ISLOs), change the course level, and change prerequisites. Any other course changes that alter learning outcomes must also use this form. Click on the link to the Google form template to create a copy. Please rename your document with the relevant department, course number, and/or name of policy you wish to propose (ex: MUS100 Curricular Changes).
Required supplemental materials:
- The proposed course syllabus (it does not need to be specific to an instructor). Use the syllabus template from CTL. Please include a general course topic schedule.
- The current course syllabus (if this is an existing course)
Please distribute your proposal to the following individuals and gather their signatures before submitting the proposal to AAC.
- Department Chair (must approve the proposal)
- Registrar (signature indicates that they reviewed the proposal)
- Director of General Education (if applicable – signature indicates that they reviewed the proposal)
- Dean of Arts or Professional Studies (signature indicates that they reviewed the proposal)
- Modality Change form – To change an approved courses modality – for example adding online or hybrid modality to an already approved residential course.
- Non-Curricular Revision form – For miscellaneous course changes, THAT DO NOT SUBSTANTIALLY CHANGE THE COURSE – for example course number or name.
- General Education Change – To add, subtract or change a general education component to an existing course.
- Course Elimination – To eliminate a course, major or program
- Major / Minor Revision – To add or change a major / minor or program.
- Academic Policy – To propose or change an academic policy
Once your form is complete, please submit here —
SUBMIT COMPLETED AAC FORM HERE
NOTE: You may also email supplemental materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add the proposed course prefix and number to the file name (ex,: MUS100 Syllabus).
Agendas are finalized one week prior to an AAC meeting. The submission window closes on each alternating Monday at 5pm. Meeting dates on the Academic Affairs calendar. AAC will try to review as many proposals as time will allow during their stated meeting. If all proposals are not able to be reviewed, they will be moved to the next stated meeting.
A completed proposal must have departmental approval and all requested supplements. Once submitted the proposal will be circulated for comments (about a two week period). After the comment period, it will be put on the AAC agenda. In most cases, a completed proposal will be put on an agenda within two weeks of submission.
Proposal submission deadlines:
To be effective for the fall or summer semester, submit by the last meeting in March.
To be effective for the spring semester, submit by the last meeting in October.
Submit by the last meeting in March
Significant Program and Policy Revisions
Must get approval at least one year before implementation to allow sufficient time for recruitment efforts and to implement changes within the college.