Facilities has been working with Metropolitan Mechanical (MMC) to repair the steam leaks on Riverside Avenue. A steam outage originally planned to allow for repairs on October 13 needed to be moved up because the leak was worse than expected. The outage instead began at 2:30 p.m. on October 12. Repair work will continue through the night with the intent of restoring steam service the morning of October 13.
A list of buildings that are affected because of the steam shutdown follows. This only affects hot water; cold water will still be available for toilets, sinks, drinking fountains, and showers.
- Ice Arena – No hot water for the zamboni area, sinks, vanities, and showers
- Si-Melby – No hot water for sinks, vanities, and showers
- Urness Hall – No hot water for sinks, vanities, and showers
- Mortensen Hall – No hot water for sinks, vanities, and showers
- Christensen Center – No hot water for sinks, upper floor kitchen, dishwasher, and mop sink