(Updated February 1, 2023)
Augsburg is adhering to MDH guidance for higher education institutions. For the most recent detailed information, see:
- the COVID-19 Status Blog and
- the COVID-19 dashboard metrics (updated weekly)
- the Augsburg University COVID-19 vaccination policy, required for students, faculty, and staff. Documented medical and non-medical exemptions will apply. Learn more.
- Stay home and stay away from others if you are sick. Whether you are vaccinated or not, we recommend you get a COVID-19 test when you are experiencing symptoms.
- Complete the self-report form if you test positive or if you have exposure to someone with COVID-19.
- If you have tested positive, you will receive information and timelines for isolation and masking.
- If you have been exposed to someone with COVID, you will receive information and timelines for masking and testing.
- For faculty and staff: Notify the Dean of Students at firstname.lastname@example.org if a student informs you they have symptoms or tested positive for COVID-19. Faculty and staff are sometimes the first to hear from students that they are ill or received a positive COVID-19 test. Please pass that information to the Dean of Students, and Student Affairs will follow up with the student directly.
- Notify Augsburg of your vaccination status, if you have not already done so.
- All students are required to either submit their vaccination card online or complete an exemption form.
- New staff and faculty should visit the COVID-19 Submissions page on the Employee Toolkit site (login required) for instructions.
- Mask indoors when required by the university and respect those who choose to wear masks even without a campus mask mandate. The university may mandate indoor masking during the course of the academic year depending on regional and on-campus transmission levels. Augsburg’s COVID-19 Task Force monitors these metrics to determine when an indoor mask mandate may be required. Even without a campus mask mandate, individuals may choose to wear masks in indoor and crowded spaces. In all cases, high-quality masks (N95, KN95) are recommended.
For more information, see Resources for Students, Updates for Parents and Families, and Faculty/Staff Resources.
Email from the VP of Operations: COVID case reporting requirements and vaccination/treatment availability (February 1, 2023)
Email from the VP of Operations: Clarification on dates for return-to-school “mask ask” (August 26, 2022)
Email from the VP of Operations: COVID-19 Mitigations for Fall 2022 (August 18, 2022)
Email from the Dean of Students: A healthy start to the fall semester (August 16, 2022)
Minnesota Frontline Worker Pay Notice (June 9, 2022)
A-mail: COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic on Campus Next Week (April 12, 2022)
A-mail: Free COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic on Campus Next Week (March 21, 2022)
Email from VP of Operations: Updates on university mask requirements and on-campus testing (March 9, 2022)
A-mail: Free COVID-19 Testing on Campus Returns TODAY (March 7, 2022)
Email from VP of Operations: Continuation of temporary COVID-19 mitigations through February 5 (January 21, 2022)
Email from VP of Operations: New quarantine and isolation procedures (January 17, 2022)
Email from VP of Operations: Augsburg implementing additional COVID-19 mitigations (January 11, 2022)
Email from VP of Operations: Overview: Return to Campus for Spring Semester (January 5, 2022)
From the Dean of Students: In 14 Days… (December 27, 2021)
From the Dean of Students: Recent COVID-19 transmission among students not staying home while sick (December 9, 2021)
Email from the Dean of Students: Thanksgiving (November 17, 2021)
Email from VP of Operations: An update on university COVID-19 mitigation efforts and indoor dining (September 28, 2021)
Mask Up Email from Dean of Students (September 2, 2021)
Email from VP of Operations: Augsburg extends indoor mask mandate through September (August 27, 2021)
Indoor Mask Requirement Reinstated – Email from COO (August 3, 2021)
From the Dean of Students: Verifying your vaccination status by August 26 (July 28, 2021)
Email from President Pribbenow: Augsburg mandates vaccination for all students, staff, and faculty (July 22, 2021)
A-mail: Drawing for Prizes Worth up to $500 for Vaccinated Students by August 31 (July 20, 2021)
Email from President Pribbenow: End of indoor mask policy and ongoing vaccine work (June 11, 2021)
A-mail: All Welcome for Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Starting Monday in OCG (June 11, 2021)
Email from President Pribbenow to Faculty Senate regarding vaccination policy (June 4, 2021)
Email from VP of Operations: Updates regarding on-campus public health requirements (June 1, 2021)
A-mail: Walk-in Johnson & Johnson Vaccination Clinic Thursday, May 20, 1-3 p.m. at People’s Center (May 19, 2021)
Email from President Pribbenow: Indoor face covering requirement at Augsburg (May 14, 2021)
A-mail: Walk-ins Now Welcome for Free COVID-19 Vaccine (May 12, 2021)
Email from President Pribbenow: Gov. Walz dials back COVID-19 restrictions (May 7, 2021)
Augsburg Celebrates Class of 2021 with Virtual and In-Person Commencement (April 30, 2021)
Email from VP of Operations: Timely – COVID-19 Vaccine Opportunity Monday, April 19/May 17 at Central Lutheran Church (April 15, 2021)
Email from VP of Operations: Timely Information: Vaccine Opportunity at People’s Center Clinic (April 15, 2021)
COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs (April 15, 2021)
Email from President Pribbenow: Our Plans for Fall 2021 (March 22, 2021)
A-mail: Free On-Campus COVID-19 Testing in March (March 3, 2021)
A-mail: Sign Up for the Minnesota COVID-19 Vaccine Connector (February 26, 2021)
Temporary Changes to Grading Options for Students for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 (February 2, 2021)
Email from Vice President of Operations: COVID-19 Campus Update Spring 2021 (January 8, 2021)
Auggie Guide for Spring Semester 2021 (January 7, 2021)
A-mail: Textbook Rental Charge Deadline Extended to December 28 (December 17, 2020)
A-mail: Textbook Rental Returns (December 8, 2020)
From the Dean of Students: Finishing the Semester Strong (December 1, 2020)
COVID-19 Campus Update from President Pribbenow (November 20, 2020)
Email from Vice President of Operations: New Statewide Restrictions and Free On-Campus Testing (November 10, 2020)
A-mail: Free Testing for COVID-19 (November 10, 2020)
Guest Policy Change from Dean of Students (October 18, 2020)
COVID-19 Guest Policy from Dean of Students (August 28, 2020)
Community Commitment Statement (August 25, 2020)
Message from Dean of Students: Restricting Activities Before Returning to Campus (August 18, 2020)
Key Upcoming Dates (August 10, 2020)
MIAC Postpones Competition Seasons for Several Fall Sports to Spring (July 28, 2020)
Upcoming Fall 2020 Town Hall Sessions for Parents and Families (July 27, 2020)
Augsburg Study Abroad and Travel Updates (July 15, 2020)
Augsburg Issues Student Emergency Aid from Federal Coronavirus Relief Legislation (May 29, 2020)