(Updated August 18, 2022)
Augsburg is adhering to MDH guidance for higher education institutions. For the most recent detailed information, see:
- the COVID-19 Status Blog and
- the COVID-19 dashboard metrics (updated weekly)
- the Augsburg University COVID-19 vaccination policy, required for students, faculty, and staff. Documented medical and non-medical exemptions will apply. Learn more.
All students, staff, and faculty are asked to wear masks during in-person classes from August 30– September 10, 2022. With a large number of people returning to campus to start the academic year, we are asking all students, faculty, and staff to wear masks during in-person classes from Tuesday, August 30 (First-Year First Day) through the end of classes on Saturday, September 10. We also strongly recommend people wear masks in other indoor common spaces during this time. High-quality masks such as N95 and KN95 are recommended.To reduce transmission of the virus, students, faculty, and staff should continue to follow these requirements:
- Stay home and stay away from others if you are sick. Whether you are vaccinated or not, we recommend you get a COVID-19 test when you are experiencing symptoms.
- Complete the self-report form if you test positive or if you have exposure to someone with COVID-19.
- If you have tested positive, you will receive information and timelines for isolation and masking.
- If you have been exposed to someone with COVID, you will receive information and timelines for masking and testing.
- For faculty and staff: Notify the Dean of Students at firstname.lastname@example.org if a student informs you they have symptoms or tested positive for COVID-19. Faculty and staff are sometimes the first to hear from students that they are ill or received a positive COVID-19 test. Please pass that information to the Dean of Students, and Student Affairs will follow up with the student directly.
- Notify Augsburg of your vaccination status, if you have not already done so.
- Mask indoors when required by the university and respect those who choose to wear masks even without a campus mask mandate. The university may mandate indoor masking during the course of the academic year depending on regional and on-campus transmission levels. Augsburg’s COVID-19 Task Force monitors these metrics to determine when an indoor mask mandate may be required. Even without a campus mask mandate, individuals may choose to wear masks in indoor and crowded spaces. In all cases, high-quality masks (N95, KN95) are recommended.
Email from the VP of Operations: COVID-19 Mitigations for Fall 2022 (August 18, 2022)
Email from the Dean of Students: A healthy start to the fall semester (August 16, 2022)
Minnesota Frontline Worker Pay Notice (June 9, 2022)
A-mail: COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic on Campus Next Week (April 12, 2022)
A-mail: Free COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic on Campus Next Week (March 21, 2022)
A-mail: Free COVID-19 Testing on Campus Returns TODAY (March 7, 2022)
Email from VP of Operations: New quarantine and isolation procedures (January 17, 2022)
From the Dean of Students: In 14 Days… (December 27, 2021)
Email from the Dean of Students: Thanksgiving (November 17, 2021)
Mask Up Email from Dean of Students (September 2, 2021)
Indoor Mask Requirement Reinstated – Email from COO (August 3, 2021)
A-mail: Walk-ins Now Welcome for Free COVID-19 Vaccine (May 12, 2021)
COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs (April 15, 2021)
Email from President Pribbenow: Our Plans for Fall 2021 (March 22, 2021)
A-mail: Free On-Campus COVID-19 Testing in March (March 3, 2021)
A-mail: Sign Up for the Minnesota COVID-19 Vaccine Connector (February 26, 2021)
Auggie Guide for Spring Semester 2021 (January 7, 2021)
A-mail: Textbook Rental Charge Deadline Extended to December 28 (December 17, 2020)
A-mail: Textbook Rental Returns (December 8, 2020)
From the Dean of Students: Finishing the Semester Strong (December 1, 2020)
COVID-19 Campus Update from President Pribbenow (November 20, 2020)
A-mail: Free Testing for COVID-19 (November 10, 2020)
Guest Policy Change from Dean of Students (October 18, 2020)
COVID-19 Guest Policy from Dean of Students (August 28, 2020)
Community Commitment Statement (August 25, 2020)
Key Upcoming Dates (August 10, 2020)
Upcoming Fall 2020 Town Hall Sessions for Parents and Families (July 27, 2020)
Augsburg Study Abroad and Travel Updates (July 15, 2020)