To coordinate preparations for the expected very large incoming first-year class in Fall 2019, Provost Karen Kaivola convened an action team to meet weekly through the summer. The team includes:
- Katie Bishop, chief student success officer
- Rebekah Dupont, director, first-year experience (and STEM programs)
- Mike Grewe, director, Campus Life (effective June 1)
- Nate Hallanger, director, academic administration
- Rebecca John, vice president, marketing and communication
- Devon Ross, director, undergraduate admissions
Primary among the principles the team will use to guide its work is the impact of our choices and priorities on the quality of the student experience. The team also identified the need to be responsive to the impact of the large incoming class on offices and individuals that provide direct service to students.