Augsburg University does not allow open solicitation in campus buildings, parking lots, or residence halls. Registered Augsburg Students may go door-to-door in the residence hall in which they live to register students to vote in local, state or national elections, and/or to advocate for political candidates who are running for local, state and national office. Candidates who have filed for office may access the residence halls per the Augsburg University Candidate access Policy, which is in accord with Minnesota Statute 211B.20. Consult the Student Guide, at http://www.augsburg.edu/studentguide/ for more details.
Augsburg does provide space for external groups and internal campus groups to provide information or sell items on campus through a table reservation and use system in the Christensen Center. Credit card sales or promotions are not permitted.
- All Groups/vendors are allowed to display in the Christensen Center Lobby area from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (when campus is open)
- A maximum of FIVE (5) display tables will be allowed in the Christensen Center lobby at any given time.
- Internal Groups/vendors are allowed to display in the Oren Gateway Center from 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- A maximum of ONE (1) display table will be allowed in the Oren Gateway Center Lobby at any given time.
Please contact University Events to reserve your space, email@example.com, 612-330-1104.
Once you have reserved your space please fill out the External Vendor/Tabling Contract
Rules and Regulations:
- Each vendor will be charged $75.00 per day to display 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Additional tables available for $10.00/table/day).
- Organizations such as recruiters, political causes, and community outreach can seek sponsorship by a University department or student organization—but, a member of the organization sponsoring the table must be present during all tabling times in order to validate sponsorship.
- The $75.00 fee covers the rental of ONE 6’ table.
- Each additional table will be allowed for an additional $10 fee.
- A maximum of FIVE (5) display tables will be allowed in the Christensen Center Lobby at any given time.
- The day the vendor is scheduled, they will be required to obtain a vendor/display permit from the University Events department to exhibit at their table.
- Vendors and displays are permitted in the designated locations in Christensen Center only. Other displays on campus are permitted only if they are directly associated with a specific conference or event.
- Vendors/displays are required to pick up and clean their display area after their display time.
- Vendors are required to be at or near their tables and cannot aggressively solicit Augsburg students, faculty, and staff.
- All health related vendors must coordinate through the Center for Wellness and Counseling and CWC will make arrangements with University Events. Healthcare including shots, medications, and blood drives are to be hosted at the CWC offices, unless otherwise arranged.
- Vendors/displays are NOT permitted to promote directly or indirectly the use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, obscene material, or material that would violate Augsburg University policy. Credit card promotion or sales are not permitted.
- All food and beverage service at vendor/display tables and on campus must be provided by the on-campus food service provider. Commercially and individually wrapped snacks and candies are acceptable.