Skip to content
- Attend a workshop led by the to learn about student teaching requirements on or around October 1 for the following winter/spring and February 1 for the following fall semester. Check your email or on our announcements page for specific dates and times. After this meeting, you will fill out the Student Teaching Request Form.
- Student Teaching Application – Due mid-semester prior to student teaching
- Once an evaluation of your coursework and field experience hours is conducted, the student teaching placement staff will begin requesting a placement for you.
- Attend a seminar near the end of the semester prior to student teaching to receive your new student teaching placement and to meet your student teaching supervisor.
- After learning your cooperating teacher’s name and contact information, you will email them to begin discussing your student teaching experience.
- Before your student teaching assignment begins, review, and sign the Student Teaching Contract with your cooperating teacher.
Click here for the Student Teaching Contract