The Augsburg University Students of Concern Team is a multidisciplinary team that works on proactively addressing and identifying individual and systemic concerns faced by students experiencing significant difficulties.
Who should be referred to the Students of Concern Team?
Faculty, staff, students, parents, friends, and others are encouraged to refer a student to the Students of Concern Team if they are exhibiting behaviors that are impacting their personal, physical, and emotional well-being. These behaviors may include but are not limited to:
- Alcohol or substance use
- Death of someone close (friend, family, other)
- Family emergency
- Injury or illness
- Lack of family or social support
- Mental health concerns
- No longer communicating / attending classes / attending other functions
- Resource insecurities (housing insecurity, food insecurity, financial difficulties, etc.)
- Sudden changes in behavior
- Threat of or actual harm to self or others
What is the role of the Students of Concern Team?
The Students of Concern Team meets weekly during the academic year and shares relevant information with each other Comment start (unless prohibited by their role as a confidential resource) in order to develop a systematic response to specific students’ concerns. These responses include connecting students with relevant on- and off-campus resources and creating an action plan for students to ensure their success.
How do I report a student concern?
Faculty, staff, students, parents, friends, and others should use the form linked below to file a report.Report a Student of Concern
What will happen when I report a concern?
The Dean of Students will determine how to address the concern. Examples include:
- Referring the concern to another staff or faculty member on campus, who can then work with the student in question.
- Reach out to the student directly and connect about any concerns they are having.
- Discuss the concerns identified with the Students of Concern Team to address a plan on action on working with the student in question.
What if I am unsure if the concern that I have for a student should be addressed by the Students of Concern Team?
The Students of Concern Team would encourage you to report your concern about a student, no matter what that concern may be. If the concern is not addressed by the team, it will be forwarded to another appropriate staff or faculty member on campus.
- Michael Grewe, Dean of Students (Chair) – email@example.com
- Aly Olson, Director of TRIO/Student Support Services
- Babette Chatman, University Pastor and Director of Campus Ministry
- Catherine Maun, Associate Director of Financial Aid
- Colleen Enrico, Assistant Athletic Director
- Ellie Olson, Director of the Center for Wellness and Counseling
- Gabby Allan, Program Manager, American Indian Student Services
- Kathleen McGillivray, Director of CLASS Office/Disability Resources
- Kelsey Richardson Blackwell, Senior Director of Advising and Registration
- Lizzie Barry, Assistant Director of Residence Life
- Mel Lee, Associate Athletic Director
- Michael Fetting, Program Coordinator, Student Affairs